Alzheimer's Australia Vic (RTO CODE: 2512) provides a range of nationally accredited courses for residential and community care services professionals and healthcare providers in our own right and on behalf of other States and Territories.
All of our courses have an applied focus on skill development and reflective practice, enabling course participants to transform their practice, and potentially that of others, to enhance the lives of people living with dementia.
Unique Student Identifier
Please note, from 1st January 2015 all participants undertaking accredited training must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). All participants who attend these programs must create a USI prior to attending the course by accessing www.usi.gov.au. More information regarding the USI and how to create one will be provided in the email confirmation upon completion of registration.
- Certificate IV in Dementia Practice (10341NAT)
- Develop and deliver Montessori based activities as part of a cognitive rehabilitative therapy model. A two-day accredited program (REHTHE001A)
- Dementia Essentials (CHCAG005) - Provide support to people living with dementia
- Upcoming Accredited Training courses - Calendar
This accredited course, suitable for health and aged care workers, provides you with a great opportunity to challenge current dementia practice using a relationship-centred approach.
The course comprises interactive workshops across a wide range of dementia topics, which includes guest speakers from industry. You will learn to transfer this knowledge into practice and improve dementia support within your organisation. This course can be a pathway for those wishing to pursue leadership roles within their workplace and build on existing skills with up-to-date and innovative strategies that will assist you in staying current in the sector. This course also offers an opportunity to undertake the local and international award-winning Virtual Dementia Experience.
This course is offered ONLY in Victoria by Alzheimer's Australia Vic and places are limited.
Become a dementia leader in your workplace!
For more information about the 10341NAT Certificate IV in Dementia Practice, download the following:
- Course flyer
- Student handbook
- Information for employers
- Hawthorn delivery schedule 2017
- Ballarat delivery schedule 2017
To enrol for the Certificate IV in Dementia Practice, please complete ALL of the necessary forms below and submit them via email to email@example.com
- Enrolment Form 1034NAT Cert IV
- Pre-training review
- Cert IV Payment
- Media consent form
- SOU- Employer
- SOU- Participant
- SOU- Participant Fee Schedule
Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is offering half-scholarships for individuals to complete the Certificate IV in Dementia Practice course in 2017. Alzheimer’s Australia Vic will award two scholarships per course for Hawthorn & Ballarat, each worth $1675.
To apply for a scholarship, you must download and read the form below to ensure you are eligible before submitting your application.
- Hawthorn - Scholarship for Certificate IV in Dementia Practice
- Ballarat - Scholarship for Certificate IV in Dementia Practice
Cost: $3350 paid in three (3) instalments
Duration: 11 full-day workshops (Generally 1 face to face session per month)
Why did you enroll Cert IV in dementia practice course?
What knowledge did you hope to gain from this course?
What do you value the most in face to face workshops?
Transferring theory into practice
CERT IV in dementia practice - Reflections
If you have any questions about the course please contact Imola Giusti on 03 9816 5797 email Imola.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This qualification is issued by Alzheimer’s Australia WA RTO Code: 4755
Develop and deliver Montessori based activities as part of a cognitive rehabilitative therapy model. A two-day accredited program (REHTHE001A
This unit is part of a two-unit course that on completion will equip participants with the required knowledge and skills required to provide rehabilitative therapies for people living with dementia.
This nationally recognised training provides all participants with the opportunity to gain a statement of attainment for the successful completion of this unit of competence.
- Link needs, interests, skills and abilities of persons with dementia to Montessori goals and objectives.
- Describe the Montessori for Dementia model and explain why this is a useful technique for people living with dementia.
- Describe the Montessori philosophy as well as the basic Montessori principles.
- Develop programing for individuals and groups based on the Montessori classes of activities as modified for dementia.
- Create and present Montessori activities and programs based upon Montessori principles.
- Assess current programing strategies and adapt these to be more Montessori in nature.
Disclaimer: Upon successful completion, this statement of attainment will be issued by Alzheimer's Australia Tasmania RTO Code: 60053
Suitable for: Diversional therapists, nurses, support workers, paid carers, lifestyle and leisure staff, and community support workers.
Dementia Essentials is a Commonwealth funded initiative providing fully funded education for those working with people living with dementia. In this 3 day accredited course, you will learn how to:
- incorporate therapeutic communication techniques;
- apply a person-centred approach;
- develop useful strategies to respond to changed behaviours;
- identify ways to engage a person with purpose and meaning.
By successfully completing both the workplace assessment* and workbook, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of dementia and receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
*You must be able to be observed in the workplace by a supervisor interacting with 2 people living with dementia to satisfy the workplace assessment criteria.
If you have any questions prior to enrolment, please contact Imola Giusti for details: email@example.com or call 03 9816 5749.
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund.
We also offer customised in-house training at your premises or ours as well as a suite of online learning.
To arrange any of these session at your workplace simply contact our Customer Relations Consultants to further discuss your training needs and get an obligation free quote.
Click here to download the Learning and Development Code of Practice