Become a leader in dementia care with Alzheimer’s Australia Vic.
Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is the leading provider for education, services and advocacy for people living with dementia and those who work with them in Victoria: residential aged care providers; community or home care services; family and communities; and the acute or subacute services including doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals.
We offer a comprehensive consultancy service which focuses on empowering your organisation to become a leader in delivering care and support for people living with dementia. Equipped with extensive knowledge and expertise, we work with you in creating dementia-friendly environments that are physically, socially and culturally inclusive.
As a not-for-profit, non-denominational organisation, we provide flexible, inclusive best practice dementia consultancy for the full spectrum of aged care professionals in Australia.
Benefits of working with Alzheimer’s Australia Vic include:
- Inclusive, flexible aged care consultancy programs which can be adapted to the unique needs of your clients and staff;
- A strengths-based approach which empowers people living with dementia and support staff;
- Consultants with real-world experience in aged care nursing, dementia care, dementia research, acute services and aged care best practice;
- A non-denominational organisation able to adapt programs to the cultural and social needs of your business;
- Wide geographic coverage: Able to consult and train anywhere within Victoria.
- Consultancy programs are inclusive of the latest research into creating engaging, purposeful strengths-based programs for people living with dementia.
- A track record of transformational programs.
QPS Benchmarking, a leading provider of benchmarking and quality improvement products and services in Australia and New Zealand, wrote a case study on the partnership between TLC Marina and Alzheimer's Australia Vic's consultancy service which you can read about by clicking here (opens a new window).
Alzheimer’s Australia programs are customized to meet your organizational needs. We involve you in our successful strengths-based approach which emphasizes what people with dementia can do, instead of what they can’t do.
This proactive, purposeful involvement results in higher engagement, fewer incidents and accidents, improved staff satisfaction and retention, and improved client satisfaction.
Alzheimer’s Australia can help anyone - from individuals in the community through to entire towns – to excel in caring for people with dementia. We educate staff, but we also mentor them in practice improvement and communication, and in engaging people with dementia.
We can provide your organisation with quality solutions for:
• Risk management
• Communication and interaction with clients living with dementia
• Restorative and rehabilitative therapies (such as the Montessori approach)
• Dementia specific training needs analysis
• Change management for mentoring and support
• Environmental design – building, furniture and landscaping
Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is also an Approved Provider of Endorsed Courses (APEC) by the Australian College of Nursing (ACN).
We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your needs and goals for care delivery. Please contact Suzanne McMeikin, Customer Relationships Consultant: 03 9816 5791 or fill in the form below: