The Dementia Learning Guide 2017 is designed to assist you to easily plan your dementia training. There are many new programs on offer, including Enabling EDIE Workshop, The Virtual Forest ™, and The Birch approach to consultancy.
Download your free copy of the 2017 Dementia Learning Guide
Fill in the details below to receive a download link.
The significant reforms to the Residential Aged Care sector as a result of the Living Longer Living Better initiative have bought increased resident choice and expectations in relation to care. As the leading dementia service in Victoria with over 30 years of practice and leadership in dementia education, we can help you to transform your practice and the lives of those living with dementia.
How to register
- Online: Choose a workshop or course and click on the booking links to book your place online.
- Fax: Registration Form to 03 9816 5733
- Mail: Registration Form to Locked Bag 3001, Hawthorn 3122
- Ph: Please call 03 9816 5708
Bookings are essential, as places in our courses and workshops are limited.
Level 1 Knowledge | Learning about dementia
- Virtual Dementia Experience
- Dementia Essentials (CHCAGE005) - Provide support to people living with dementia
- Doorway to dementia: practice and strategies
- What is dementia? FREE online course
Level 2 Skills | Building skills to provide dementia support
- NEW: Enabling EDIE
- A problem-solving approach to behaviours (online)
- Applying a problem-solving approach to behaviours
- Communicating in a person-centred way - applied principles
- Communicating in a person-centred way (online)
- How person-centred is your practice? (online)
- Meaningful engagement
- Montessori in everyday practice
- Palliative approach to dementia practice
- Person-centred practice - applied principles
Level 3 Focus | Focusing on specific dementia diagnosis and support approaches
- NEW: Purposeful activities for people living with dementia
- Develop and Deliver Montessori Based Activities as Part of Cognitive Rehabilitative Therapies REHITHE001A
- Activities based on the Montessori method
- Art appreciation for people living with dementia
- Cognitive screening and assessment
- Exploring Montessori as a practice model
- Improvisational storytelling
- Intellectual disability and dementia
- iPads for engagement
Level 4 Leadership | Leading dementia practice change
- NEW: Client-focuessed Montessori presented by Juanita Bekinschtein
- Certificate IV in Dementia Practice (10341NAT)
- Shaping a Montessori community
Please call 03 9816 5708 for general enquires, or 03 9816 5749 for accredited course enquiries.
Make a day of it and save time and money on your professional development when you register for two education sessions. Great discounts are available on specially selected sessions running on the same day in our Parkville centre.