On this page, you will find links to a number of publications.
- Best-practice counselling
- Dementia and driving
- Dementia and firearms
- Dementia in ethnic communities
- Dementia information, support and contacts
- NEW: Dementia-friendly toolkit for councils
- Montessori principles and dementia
- Our services
- Strategic directions
- Victorian State Budget Submission 2015-2016
- We can we can we can
New service models for best-practice counselling
Success Works was commissioned by Alzheimer's Australia Vic to develop new service models for the provision of responsive, best practice counselling and support for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and their families and carers.
- Best Practice Counselling and Support Service Models Project (PDF, 1.2 MB, 121 pages)
Best-practice counselling interventions for carers
The Centre for Health Policy, Programs and Economics at the University of Melbourne was contracted by Alzheimer’s Australia Victoria (AAV) to provide advice on the design of an evaluation of the counselling service which would help to work towards the development of a quality assurance framework.
- Best Practice Counselling Interventions for Carers of People with Dementia (PDF, 556 KB, 38 pages)
Dementia and driving in Victoria
This report presents the results of a survey of family carers and friends of people with dementia, as well as people with dementia. It describes their awareness of VicRoads regulations in relation to dementia, experience with on-road driver testing, the impact of giving up driving and looks at alternative mobility options.
- Dementia and driving in Victoria (PDF, 32 pages, 821 KB)
RACV on dementia and driving
RACV recently published a booklet entitled Dementia, Driving and Mobility, which we have formally endorsed. You can download a copy below:
- Dementia, Driving and Mobility - RACV (PDF, 1.9 MB, 13 pages)
Families, carers and visitors may be worried about a person with dementia who has access to firearms and ammunitions. This Information Sheet describes the effects of dementia and its application to gun ownership as well as decisions about gun licence cancellation and gun management.
- Dementia and Firearms Information Sheet (PDF, 190KB, 1 page)
Perceptions of dementia in CALD communities
A report on the project to investigate perceptions of dementia in CALD communities and develop the resource kit.
- Perceptions of dementia in ethnic communities - project report (PDF, 226 KB, 18 pages)
Resource kit on perceptions of dementia in CALD communities
A resource kit outlining dementia perceptions in Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese communities.
- Perceptions of dementia in ethnic communities - resource kit (PDF, 768 KB, 32 pages)
An information booklet written for people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and their families and carers. It contains information about dementia as well as services and resources that are available.
- Dementia: Information, Support, Contacts (PDF, 1 MB, 24 pages)
The toolkit provides information, resources and guidance for building on existing infrastructure, systems and services. We are keen for the toolkit to help council staff to understand that in partnership with people living with dementia they can become more dementia-friendly without having a big budget to work with. This toolkit is a practical, evidence-based resource that local government workers will find really useful and that will have a direct impact on the quality of life of people living with dementia and carers too.
- Dementia-friendly toolkit for local councils (PDF, 868 KB, 48 pages)
Alzheimer's Australia, Monash University and American dementia expert, Dr Cameron Camp recently partnered to produce Relate, Motivate, Appreciate. This set of resources, for families and carers, shows how the Montessori principles can be used to encourage positive interactions with loved ones living with dementia. You can download these resources below:
- Relate, Motivate, Appreciate: An introduction to Montessori activities (PDF, 546 KB, 20 pages)
- Relate, Motivate, Appreciate: A Montessori resource (PDF, 5.6 MB, 71 pages)
This brouchure contains a description of the services provided by Alzheimer's Australia Vic, and details of how you can contact us.
- "Our services" brochure (PDF, 1.72 MB, 2 pages)
This document details Alzheimer's Australia Vic strategic directions for the period 2014-2017.
- Strategic Directions 2014-2017 (PDF, 1.4 MB, 4 pages)
Alzheimer's Australia Vic offers this submission to inform the 2015-16 State Budget process and help the Government deliver support to the estimated 81,000 Victorians of all ages living with dementia. You can download this document here:
- Victorian State Budget Submission 2015-2016 (PDF, 370 KB, 18 pages)
Encouraging and inspiring people with dementia to engage with activities that assist them to continue to lead lives full of purpose and
pleasure is the goal of this book by Alzheimer’s Australia Vic. A wonderful resource packed with a variety of activities and ideas to assist carers to inspire people living with dementia.