Memory Lane Café
The Memory Lane Café program is available for people with dementia and their family members.
The Australian and Victorian governments, under the Home and Community Care Program, have provided funding for Café Style Support Programs that are offered throughout Victoria.
These cafés provide an opportunity for people with dementia and their family members to enjoy time together with some refreshments and entertainment, in the company of people in a similar situation to themselves. Alzheimer’s Australia Vic counselling staff and trained volunteers also attend.
Join a Memory Lane Caf
To enquire whether this event is suitable for you, please call the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500.
Self referrals, as well as agency referrals, are welcome by calling the National Dementia Helpline, or by filling out and return the Alzheimer's Australia Vic referral form.
Please click here to download the Referral Form:
Cafés are held in the following locations:
- Southern eastern metropolitan region: Monash Local Government Area
- Northern metropolitan region: Darebin Local Government Area
- Southern metropolitan region: Frankston City Local Government Area
- Eastern metropolitan region: Whitehorse Local Government Area (Multicultural: Filipino, Chinese, Greek and Italian)
- Western metropolitan region: Brimbank Local Government Area (Multicultural: Macedonian, Vietnames and Maltese)
- Regional Victoria: Geelong, Bass Coast and Grampians (including Horsham, Edenhope, Nhill and Hopetoun).
Bilingual workers are present at our Multicultural Cafés (in the Manningham and Brimbank areas) to ensure participants can actively participate with other cultural groups.
Other Cafe style support programs in Victoria
Alzheimer's Australia Vic supports a number of other Cafe style support programs running in Victoria:
- Hume Region
- Barwon South West Region
- Western Metropolitan Region
- Northern Metropolitan Region
- Loddon Mallee Region