Leaving a gift in your will to Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is a special way to be remembered and will help us make a positive difference to people with dementia, their family, friends and carers.
After providing for your family and friends you may wish to consider leaving a bequest to Alzheimer's Australia Vic in your Will.
Your legacy to Alzheimer's Australia Vic can take the form of:
- A share or proportion of the residue of your estate, or
- A specified amount of money, or
- A nominated asset such as shares or real estate, or
- You can also nominate us as an alternative or substitute beneficiary in case any of your major beneficiaries predecease you.
To make a bequest to Alzheimer's Australia Vic we suggest the following wording to be considered by your legal advisor in your Will:
"I bequeath to Alzheimer's Australia Vic Inc. of 98 Riversdale Road Hawthorn Victoria 3122 for its general purposes (insert the sum of $..... /or portion of estate/ or description of property) free of all duties and charges and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other proper officer shall be a sufficient discharge to my executor and/or trustee."
For more information on leaving a bequest to Alzheimer's Australia Vic please view our Bequest Booklet.
Things to consider:
- Also remember it is most important to regularly review and update your Will to cater for any changes in your family or personal circumstances.
- We recommend you seek professional advice from a solicitor to ensure your bequest is clearly and legally stated.
For your copy of Planning Ahead - Instructions for my Will please contact Jo Fairbairn
We would be delighted to hear if you have included a bequest to Alzheimer's Australia Vic in your Will. By letting us know your intentions, we can personally thank you for your generous support in your lifetime and ensure your wishes will be fulfilled.
Ways to advise us could include:
- Writing a letter to Alzheimer’s Australia Vic advising of your intentions to make a bequest;
- Providing a copy of the relevant extract of your will or;
- Ask your solicitor to send us a letter confirming your wishes.
All information provided to Alzheimer’s Australia Vic is treated with the upmost confidentiality and according to the latest privacy laws.