Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Alzheimer's Australia Vic – we are a leader in the prevention of dementia, while valuing and supporting people living with dementia.
Volunteers are an integral part of our organisation – some have joined us after caring for a loved one with dementia; others want to contribute to the community or give back to it; still others want to offer support after working in the field. Volunteers assist Alzheimer’s Australia Vic in a variety of ways:
- Increasing community awareness of dementia by assisting with Volunteer community speaking; Expos/community events & Role play simulations
- Supporting people with dementia and their families at Family Information and Support Sessions; Memory Lane Cafes and Reminiscence Programs
- Supporting people with dementia to live well with dementia building on their passions, strengths, interests and capacity; and supporting them to participate in person-centred activities
- By providing practical support packing resources and assisting with mail outs
Volunteering is a valued and rewarding experience. You'll have the opportunity to:
- assist a cause you are passionate about
- give back to the community
- make a difference
- provide support and stay connected to others
- share life experiences, knowledge & skills
- gain new skills & knowledge
How to apply to Volunteer
We will promote our volunteer opportunities via our website.
There is a screening process for all prospective volunteers which includes the completion of a Volunteer Registration Form, an information session, interview, police and reference checks.
We also have 2 additional requirements:
- We are very committed to ensuring that volunteers are well trained and confident in their roles and accordingly, we have a mandatory induction program that all new volunteers must complete. Depending on your area of interest, there may also be additional orientation requirements.
- It is also expected that new volunteers commit to volunteering over at least a 12 month period. Frequency of volunteering over this time is worked out given your availability and the requirements of the role.
If you would like to discuss your interest in volunteering with our Co-ordinator of Volunteers, please call 03 9815 7898 or email email@example.com.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Alzheimer’s Australia Vic not actively recruiting at the moment.